Safe New Futures have a vacancy for an Office Manager/volunteer manager to work in our offices in Kingsland square.
We are looking for someone with:
• Brilliant organisational skills,
• Compassion and empathy with clients
• Ability to support colleagues primarily through back-office tasks
• Able to motivate and manage a team of volunteers
If you feel you are this person, please see attached Job Description and apply before 5th August with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held on the morning of 7th August 2019.
Job title Office/Volunteer Manager
This role is part-funded by the National Lottery Community Fund.
Reports to Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Hours: Spread over 4 days 9.30-3.30pm or 3 days per week 9-5pm)
Remuneration: 22.5 hours per week
£25,000 pro-rata: Benefits include Wellbeing Package after probation period to include health/fitness/medical subsidies
The aim of the job is to manage and ensure the smooth running of the office, to support the training function and to ensure that volunteers are recruited, supported and deployed appropriately.
Office Management – working with CEO
• Work with the CEO to recruit, support and provide appropriate training for staff and volunteers.
• Administration associated with employment contracts, DBS checks etc.
• Ensure that induction, initial 3-month job reviews, appraisals and salary reviews are carried out at the due time.
• Review and ensure that policies are kept up to date.
• General office management; insurances, licences, premises, utilities
• Negotiating new and existing supplier contracts, as and when possible, to get best value eg BT, mobiles,
• Liaison with IT consultant support to ensure smooth running of computer systems
• Sharepoint (office 365) file management
• Set up and track shared calendar systems including holidays, sickness etc
Training Function working with Lead Facilitator
• Recruit and support volunteers as part of training courses, marketing and other Safe New Futures functions
• Liaise with Choices Training and Development Ltd to provide fulfilling volunteer opportunities for corporate employees
• Step in as ‘trainer’ when required to cover for holidays and sickness.
• Pay candidates expenses, reconciling the petty cash at the end of each training day.
• Act as the conduit between training function and Bookkeeper for all things finance related
• Recruit candidates for training courses liaising with local agencies
• Update and order candidate manuals.
Marketing working with Fundraising and Marketing Manager
• Update Website with latest courses
• Update social media including taking and uploading photos of courses etc to
• Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
• Bi-monthly newsletter to supporters and individual donors
• Bi-monthly newsletter to candidates who wish to stay in touch?
• Collate case studies and candidate stories in preparation for funding reports, funding applications and general PR