We are looking for an enthusiastic, innovative and values driven Fundraising/Marketing manager to join our team and help us maintain and develop funding streams and a marketing strategy/plan to secure long-term sustainability for the charity.
As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for ensuring that operational/fundraising functions are running smoothly and efficiently to enable us to meet all our funders criteria.
You will be required to work on your own initiative to develop creative and persuasive ways to liaise with outside agencies and nurture effective relationships within the team to ensure that office support enables us to run effective and life-changing training programmes.
- Sending out regular fundraising bids
- Workplace Choices programmes - Marketing, Research and Development
- Safe New Futures Training programmes - Marketing and Sales
- Devise and implement effective marketing initiatives.
- Manage website content keeping it updated, relevant and promotes the latest courses.
- Supervise the creation of engaging social media including taking and uploading photos of courses etc. to Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Ensure consistency of brand.
- Work with the CEO to create and submit compelling Quarterly newsletter to supporters and individual donors.
- Manage press releases to ensure media presence.
To create and submit compelling and bespoke funding proposals/applications to charitable trusts/foundations.
- To successfully manage and develop a portfolio of existing supporters (including thanking, reporting and identifying upsell opportunities) to ensure long lasting relationships and repetition of grants.
- To undertake prospect research, qualifying suitable new funders for approach
- To ensure all data related to both existing funders and prospects is kept up to date.
- To work closely with Project Managers/Lead Facilitators to ensure the accurate and effective delivery of projects that are being funded.
- Work with the CEO to develop the subsidiary Choices Training & Development Ltd in order to generate income to support the charity.
- To understand and adhere to all Safe New Futures Policies and Procedures.
- Support the CEO and Trustee’s vision and process ideals, ensuring that all IPRS – are based around the charity goals, mission, and vision.
- Keeps abreast of latest information the activities and needs of the mental health industry by attending regular meetings, conferences, and seminars.
- Maintains understanding of new educational and training techniques and methods.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties, as required by Safe New Futures management.
The aim of this role is to maintain existing funding streams and find new funders with a specific emphasis on obtaining more core funding for Safe New Futures particularly increasing funding via the subsidiary trading company.
MISSION CRITICAL GOALS AND KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Work with other managers to ensure mission critical goals and KPIs
|Experience||Essential||Desirable||Method of Assessment|
|Two year’s Operation Management experience in a charity/training organisation/small-medium business||x||Application/|
|Experience of handling funder budgets|
|Experience of engaging with people with a cause||x||Application/|
|Experience of working in human resources||X||Application/|
|Experience of health and safety operations||X||Application/|
|Experience of managing data protection principles||X||Application/|
|Experience of fundraising||X||Application/|
|Experience of marketing||X||Application/|
|Experience of project management||X||Application/|
|Experience of business development||X||Application/|
|Experience of office and people management||X||Application/|
|Skills and Knowledge|
|Excellent time management skills||x||Application/|
|Strong organisational skills|
|Excellent verbal and written communication skills|
|Able to pay attention to details.|
|Ability to be able to process complex information and disseminate appropriately||X||Application/|
|Ability to think methodically and quickly||X||Application/|
|Able to produce engaging communications||x||Application/|
|Ability to handle conflict and crisis.|
|Knowledge and understanding of mental ill health||x||Application/|
|Ability to retain a non-judgemental approach.|
|Strong working knowledge of MS Office including SharePoint||x||Application/|
|Educated to degree level or equivalent, or substantial relevant experience that demonstrates a high order of literacy, numeracy, and analytical skills||x||Application|
|A business management/administration qualification||x||Application|
|A relevant human resources qualification||x||Application|
|Positive about SNF mission and values||x||Interview|
|Resourceful and enthusiastic||x||Interview|
|Solution focused approach||x||Interview|
|Ability to use initiative and be self-motivated||x||Interview|
|Able to stay calm and productive under pressure||x||Interview|
|Flexible and able to adapt quickly to change||x||Interview|
|Readiness to undertake a wide range of tasks to a high standard||x||Interview|
|Able to be creative, imaginative, and responsive||X||Interview|
|Have a can-do attitude||X||Interview|
|Good sense of humour||x||Interview|
|DBS Clearance if needed||x||Pre-Employment Check|
|Ability to remain and work in the UK||x||Interview|
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Benefits: Wellbeing Package after probation period to include health/fitness/medical
Hours of Work: 2-3 days per week. .
Salary: Dependant on skills and experience. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.