We are looking for a dynamic and innovative Operations/Fundraising Manager who is values driven. You will help manage funded training projects to secure long-term sustainability for the charity. As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for ensuring that operational/fundraising functions are running smoothly and efficiently to enable us to meet all our funders criteria.
You will be required to work on your own initiative to develop creative and persuasive ways to liaise with outside agencies and nurture effective relationships within the team to ensure that office support enables us to run effective and life-changing training programmes.
- European Social Fund programme – Solent Supporting Employment
- Maintaining reporting back to funders
- Sending out regular fundraising bids
- Oversee the Solent Supporting Employment programme
- Liaise with Quilter plc and other businesses to provide fulfilling volunteer opportunities for corporate employees in line with Quilter funding criteria.
- Step in as ‘co-trainer’ when required to cover for holidays and sickness if cover is not available.
- Purchase course resources, reconciling the petty cash as instructed by the bookkeeper.
- Review the candidate and facilitators manuals alongside the training manager, to ensure that the Safe New Futures programmes remain up to date and relevant, maintaining effective stock control of both.
- Write up end of project reports for funders.
- Manage course office support.
- Manage Volunteers, Marketing/Communications, and administration teams to ensure the office/operations team work harmoniously, efficiently and in a unified fashion.
- Create process flow maps for all tasks.
- Effective use of calendars for tasks in timely fashion
- Develop and maintain a one team ethos between office and field and project teams.
- Ensure that all team members and volunteers have the equipment they need to carry out their jobs.
- Negotiating new and existing supplier contracts in respect of operation, as and when possible, to get best value.
- Build and support a versatile volunteer team, across operations with specialist knowledge/experience.
- You will work with the CEO to recruit, support and provide appropriate training for staff and volunteers.
- Carry out administration associated with employment contracts, DBS checks etc.
- Ensure all staff/volunteers are signed up to and continually working to our policies and procedures.
- Ensure that induction, initial 3-month job reviews, 6-monthly Performance Development Reviews in September/March are carried out for all team members with their appropriate line manager.
- Implement regular development and training opportunities for all operations staff.
- Ensure procedures are kept up to date including recruitment of staff, performance development reviews, internal training, development, wellbeing activities.
- Set up and track shared calendars for holidays, sickness etc.
- Devise and implement effective marketing initiatives.
- Manage website content keeping it updated, relevant and promotes the latest courses.
- Supervise the creation of engaging social media including taking and uploading photos of courses etc. to Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Ensure consistency of brand.
- Work with the CEO to create and submit compelling Quarterly newsletter to supporters and individual donors.
- Manage press releases to ensure media presence.
- To create and submit compelling and bespoke funding proposals/applications to charitable trusts/foundations.
- To successfully manage and develop a portfolio of existing supporters (including thanking, reporting and identifying upsell opportunities) to ensure long lasting relationships and repetition of grants.
- To undertake prospect research, qualifying suitable new funders for approach
- To ensure all data related to both existing funders and prospects is kept up to date.
- To work closely with Project Managers/Lead Facilitators to ensure the accurate and effective delivery of projects that are being funded.
- Work with the CEO to develop the subsidiary Choices Training & Development Ltd in order to generate income to support the charity.
- To understand and adhere to all Safe New Futures Policies and Procedures.
- Support the CEO and Trustee’s vision and process ideals, ensuring that all IPRS – are based around the charity goals, mission, and vision.
- Keeps abreast of latest information the activities and needs of the mental health industry by attending regular meetings, conferences, and seminars.
- Maintains understanding of new educational and training techniques and methods.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties, as required by Safe New Futures management.
To fulfil this job description we are looking for someone with:
- Two year’s Operation Management experience in a charity/training organisation/small-medium business
- Experience of handling funder budgets
- Experience of engaging with people with a cause
- Experience of working in human resources
- Experience of health and safety operations
- Experience of managing data protection principles
- Experience of fundraising
- Experience of marketing
- Experience of project management
- Experience of business development
- Experience of office and people management
You will bring the following skills and knowledge:
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to pay attention to details.
- Ability to be able to process complex information and disseminate appropriately
- Ability to think methodically and quickly
- Able to produce engaging communications
- Ability to handle conflict and crisis.
- Knowledge and understanding of mental ill health
- Ability to retain a non-judgemental approach.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office including SharePoint
Ideally you will be educated to degree level or equivalent, or have substantial relevant experience that demonstrates a high order of literacy, numeracy, and analytical skills
It is desirable if you have a business management/administration qualification and/or a relevant human resources qualification
If you are:
- Positive about SNF mission and values
- Resourceful and enthusiastic
- Solution focused approach
- Ability to use initiative and be self-motivated
- Able to stay calm and productive under pressure
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to change
- Readiness to undertake a wide range of tasks to a high standard
- Able to be creative, imaginative, and responsive
- Have a can-do attitude
- Good sense of humour
We want to hear from you!